Re: conducting interviews

Subject: Re: conducting interviews
From: "Dan Roberts" <droberts63 -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 19:44:20 -0400

>Don't interview programmers until you know what you're documenting. You'll
>just come off as unprepared and irritating.
And it's better to ask questions that show that the programmers do not know what
they're doing. IMHO, if you hoist them by their petards, they'll give you better
information.

I think it works because it shows the programmer that you're not afraind of
running the system to find yr information.

Heck, I had a few programmers, in a previous position, that *wanted* me to run
thru new features, knowing that I, in trying to doc the damn thing, would find
bugs.