FM 6.0 vs word 2000 benefits

Subject: FM 6.0 vs word 2000 benefits
From: Jason Allen <jasnallen -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 06:12:04 -0700 (PDT)

I posted this yesterday and haven't seen it hit the list. It is
something I need quite quickly so please excuse this "duplicate" post
if it comes through twice.

I've just signed on to the list and have a question. First though, I
have looked at the archives. There must be a ton or two of info
regarding these two applications and their earlier versions. However,
that is not going to get me to the place I need to go.

I have an opportunity to convince my VP that we should change from Word
2000 (on a pc) to FrameMaker 6.0. I can give him reasons but they are
not specific enough. He's looking for $/time saved, etc. in addition to
all the rest.

My question is what are the positive and negative points for these two
versions (the reasons I understand and the bottom line stuff he needs)?
I'm not interested in the reasons for older versions since things
change with each new release. Also, I don't want to start a war of any
kind. I just need the facts and I need them quickly.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Jason

http://photos.yahoo.com/