Re: FM 6.0 vs word 2000 benefits

Subject: Re: FM 6.0 vs word 2000 benefits
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Jason Allen <jasnallen -at- yahoo -dot- com>, "List, Techwriter" <TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 07:21:36 -0700 (PDT)

jason...if you want something that specific, you need to be specific
about your requirements.

The size of your documens and documentation set.
How complex is the documentation.
How much information is shared among docs.
How much do you deal with graphics.
Do other people in your company use your files?
Why do you want to change?
What do you think you'll gain?
Why does your boss NOT want to change
Lots of additional etc(s).

That's like cpoming to us and asking us what kind of car should you
get and we know nothing of your requirements.

> I have an opportunity to convince my VP that we should change from
> Word
> 2000 (on a pc) to FrameMaker 6.0. I can give him reasons but they
> are
> not specific enough. He's looking for $/time saved, etc. in
> addition to
> all the rest.

=====
John Posada