RE: Burn Out

Subject: RE: Burn Out
From: "Rock, Megan" <Megan -dot- Rock -at- fanucrobotics -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 10:23:56 -0400

I've found that it helps to remind myself that the work I do on my job as a
technical writer is not really of eternal significance, and that whatever
crazy deadline or complicated task it is that is overwhelming me right now
probably won't still be an issue a year from now.

While I'm called to do the best job I can do for my department, my company,
and my users, it really puts things in perspective when I ask myself, "Will
any of this stuff I'm stressing over and devoting so much time to matter
when I am dead and gone?" A bit morbid, perhaps, but it keeps me focused on
the things I can do that WILL matter even after I give up my
responsibilities as a technical writer, friend, wife, daughter, and sister
and pass from this life. I don't want a stack of dusty manuals to be my
only legacy!

If your job is burning you out or controlling your life, it's time to
rethink your priorities and take a look at the bigger picture.

Megan E. Rock
Technical Writer, Product Information
FANUC Robotics North America, Inc.
Voice: 1.248.377.7948
E-mail: megan -dot- rock -at- fanucrobotics -dot- com

"Do not wear yourself out to get rich; have the wisdom to show restraint."
-King Solomon