RE: Burn off

Subject: RE: Burn off
From: "Ruhman, Rima" <RRuhman -at- FDIC -dot- gov>
To: "'Andrew Plato'" <intrepid_es -at- yahoo -dot- com>, "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 10:42:53 -0400

You know, Andrew, what really saddens me about your responses is that,
although they are witty, they lack sympathy.

Sometimes individuals on this list really do need advice-- constructive
advice. Although I realize we are not a self-esteem building group on a
quest to salvage the feelings of tech writers in our sector of the Universe,
I do feel that perhaps sometimes it is wise to refrain from activating the
Star Ship and ejecting those feeling a little burnt out and in need of
oxygen.

I don't want to see people who need assistance hesitate to post because of
your blatant disregard for their feelings...yes, sometimes we do need to
enter Reality--but a gentle nudge would do in many cases, not a shove that
sends one spiraling out to the outer recesses of the galaxy.

And yes, I know we are not delicate flowers...and yes, I know that we do not
need to coddled or nurtured by you...and yes, I know that we need to taste
the dry dirt that is life...

But, deep down inside, we still need to feel that someone out there cares
and really takes what we say seriously-- *Bottom Line*: I don't want my
sorrows to be fodder for your wit.