re: screen terminology

Subject: re: screen terminology
From: "Cayenne Woods" <cwoods -at- purplevoice -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 15:44:48 +0100

someone may have already suggested this, but the Microsoft Manul of Style for
Technical Publications is a must - you can order it from Amazon. I'd never
recommend Microsoft, especially as a reference book, if it wasn't good - and the
only one I know of. Sun also has a good one, but for quick reference and
terminology, the MS one's great.

Just beware of things like "Never, ever use the term 'navigate' but always use
'explore' when referring to moving around on the desktop" or something very like
it.

good luck
Cayenne

This communication contains information which is confidential
and may also be privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the
intended recipient(s). Please note that any distribution, copying
or use of this communication, or the information in it, is strictly
please notify us by email or by telephone (+44 20 8848 6644)
and then delete the email and any copies of it.

This communication is from Purple Voice Ltd., whose principal
office is at Dawley Road, Hayes, Middlesex, England.

checked for the presence of computer viruses.