RE: Burn Out

Subject: RE: Burn Out
From: "Chase, Jeffrey" <Jeffrey -dot- Chase -at- wang -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 11:03:46 -0400

I've got to agree with Megan on this one. Back in my camouflage-wearing
days, I used to have young troops that would stress over things in the
workplace, sometimes more often than necessary. To remedy this, I came up
with what came to be known as 'Chase's Law'. Your mileage may vary, but it
worked for me in some rather stressful situations.

Chase's Law states that if something doesn't
a) hurt your family;
b) take money out of your pocket;
c) physically give you an ass-kicking (a REAL ass-kicking, not just getting
tired)

then it is something that will pass and you shouldn't devote energy to
worrying about it.

Like I said, it works for me and mine.

Jeff

Jeffrey E. Chase
Wang Government Services
"Have red pencil. Will travel."
Opinions expressed in this e-mail are solely those of the author, and not
meant to imply endorsement by Getronics, Wang Government Services, or the
United States Government.