RE: Burn off

Subject: RE: Burn off
From: "Ruhman, Rima" <RRuhman -at- FDIC -dot- gov>
To: "'intrepid_es -at- yahoo -dot- com'" <intrepid_es -at- yahoo -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 13:37:47 -0400

I guess, Andrew, what you should realize is that you are a strong and
wonderful writer. A lesser writer would not carry the responsibility you
do-- when you aim to hurt, you do so infallibly. Just watch where you point
that power...your observations are best when they are not in response to a
plea for help.

It seems that writers are sensitive creatures anyway, preferring passing our
feelings over to paper and not people...and a forum like this one can be
very intimidating. Many of us check and recheck our messages before we send
them. Having a strong voice stomping all over our pleas and requests can be
very damaging and demoralizing.

We are living in good times-- for that very reason, it should be easier to
hear that little voice in your head that says, "Maybe I am being too harsh!"

After all, Morpheus was one of the most sympathetic and selfless creatures
on the Silver Screen. Stomping on the vulnerable was not what he was about.

Just a thought. :-)