Can only use some PDFmarks from Frame 5.5.3, WinNT

Subject: Can only use some PDFmarks from Frame 5.5.3, WinNT
From: "Michael Cenedella" <mcenedella -at- fredmeyer -dot- com>
To: <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 09:14:59 -0700

Frame 2 Acrobat: Only Get Limited Features
Can't use all pdfmarks

I want to develop PDF documents with interactive features specified in Frame
so our
team can maintain the documents easily. However, most PDFmarks won't work
after
distillation. Evidently something's wrong with our PostScript. I need help
figuring out
what's wrong. Thanks in advance for your consideration.

The table shows what we're able to do in our environment with our current
Adobe PostScript Driver: 5.12.105 with both Distiller PPD 3 and Distiller
PPD 4.

(more on environment below)

As a test, I used Shlomo Perets' text of a pdfmark (The actual files I need
to make are
more complicated.). Here are results.

PDF Feature in Frame Works? Other
Result
Links within file & among files Yes

DocInfo in PostScript code text Yes
box

Bookmarks to other chapters Yes, must type full
from a text file referenced path, though text
by a PDFmark in a PostScript file is in same folder
code text box. as .fm, .ps.

Action (go to page) in a No No
PDF: Offending Command:
PostScript code text box
Action

I've made two sample files optimized for the screen and five files optimized
for print.
I added bookmarks to each chapter using a "# include" statement and a
textfile. A subset
of these are available - just ask.

Here's the environment:
Computer IBM PII 350, 128 MB memory
Operating System Windows NT 4.00.1381, Service Pack 6
FrameMaker 5.5.3
Distiller 3.02, 4.05
Reader 4.05.1103.09.34

Workflow:
I printed the test pages as PostScript, then distilled.

Log of the unsuccessful attempt to compile the code:

%%[ ProductName: Distiller ]%%
%%[ Error: undefined; OffendingCommand: Action ]%%

Stack:
-mark-
216
171