Ventura, FrameMaker, ...

Subject: Ventura, FrameMaker, ...
From: CPower -at- ztr -dot- com
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 14:30:15 -0400

Hi All,

I purchased Ventura 8 earlier this summer to do our company's documentation.
I based my decision on reviews of FrameMaker and Ventura on the web. Both
seemed adequate for the task. What won me over to Ventura was the price.

But now, I'm having serious doubts about the reliability of Ventura. My
group has found it to be a very frustrating piece of software: a lot of
unexplained crashes and other headaches.

I would like to know about your experiences with FrameMaker. Is it
rock-steady, or is it just as temperamental as Ventura. I am using a PII
400MMX with 64MRAM.

All feedback is greatly appreciated.

Take care,

Craig Power