Alternatives to Word

Subject: Alternatives to Word
From: Grace Fielder <gfielder -at- typemaker -dot- co -dot- uk>
To: TECHWR-L TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 11:17:09 +0100

I am very new to both this list and this profession, having graduated over
the summer and started my first Technical Author job just seven weeks ago. I
am the first technical author the company has had as all documentation was
previously written by the people who created the software and so I have
no-one to question with regards to "the way things are done". I have noticed
that Framemaker seems to be the popular choice for creating technical
documentation but I have no knowledge of any alternatives to Word or their
benefits. Would somebody mind enlightening on things that beginner technical
authors should know???

Thank you in advance
Grace

TypeMaker Limited * Westbourne Manor * 17 Westbourne Road * Edgbaston
Birmingham * B15 3TR * United Kingdom
Voice: +44 (0)121 604 1234 * Fax: +44 (0)121 604 4567
http://www.typemaker.co.uk