RE: Files in pdf Format

Subject: RE: Files in pdf Format
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: "'techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 08:52:06 -0400

Hallo:

You need to *buy* Adobe Acrobat 4 to create PDFs from any application. It's
a couple of hundred bucks, I think.

PDF stands for Portable Document Format. In a very simple way you can think
of it as a picture of a printfile . . . a PostScript print file <g>. Those
who receive your PDF will need a viewer to see it. The viewer is Adobe
Acrobat Reader, and it can be downloaded for free from http://www.adobe.com.
If you are a software manufacturer, Adobe lets you install their Acrobat
Reader along with your software, provided you do it a certain way, again,
for free. Adobe Acrobat Reader is fairly common . . . so quite a number of
people will have it already and it is available on several plaftorms
including Mac, Windows, and some UNIX flavors (I think) . . ..

So, I recommend you head off to http://www.adobe.com to check it out . . ..

Best regards,

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com