Heuristics for Web Communication

Subject: Heuristics for Web Communication
From: "George F. Hayhoe" <george -at- ghayhoe -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 09:27:40 -0400

The quicklist versions of the heuristics for Web communication
published in the August 2000 issue of _Technical Communication_ are
now available to the general public at the Technical Communication
Online site:

http://www.techcomm-online.org/shared/special_col/quicklists/menu.html

The quicklists are derived from five sets of heuristics on designing
personas, Web navigation, designing comprehensible Web pages,
displaying information on the Web, and collecting Web data to
understand and interact with users. A summary of the introduction to
the special issue is also included.

These heuristics are intended to help Web designers and developers
consider crucial communicative aspects of Web site design.

No registration is required to access the quicklist versions of the
heuristics.

Members of the Society for Technical Communication may access the full
versions of the articles at

http://www.techcomm-online.org/issues/v47n3/toc.html

All content at the site except the most recent four issues is
available to registered guests. To register as a member or guest, see

http://www.techcomm-online.org

--George Hayhoe (george -at- ghayhoe -dot- com)
Editor, _Technical Communication_

George Hayhoe Associates
Voice: +1 (803) 642-2156
Fax: +1 (803) 642-9325