RE: print-prep (was: Adobe Photoshop Justification

Subject: RE: print-prep (was: Adobe Photoshop Justification
From: Barry Kieffer <bkieffer -at- ims -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 09:41:55 -0700 (PDT)

If your printer is calling you up and telling you that you could tweak you
graphics better - GET A NEW PRINTING COMPANY.

For Peat's sake, what are they doing? Reading every page and scrutinizing every
illustration?

When I send a file to my printer to print, the printer better print it like a
good boy. Printing is simple, a monkey can stand by a Docutek and replace the
paper.

If all of the graphics print upside down it is no business of the printer. I
sent them MY file; their job is to print MY file, send the output to me and let
ME determine if it is right or not.

Most of the print shops I have dealt with (XEROX, Kinko's, etc.) hire minimum
wage lackeys who clear jams and replace paper.

When I send a file to the printer, the printer has no idea in the world what
illustration software I used to create the screen shot. How would, how could you
know. What does the printer do, print out the PostScript file and try to decode
it? Jeepers!

Somebody 'splain it to me too...