RE: Ventura, FrameMaker, ...

Subject: RE: Ventura, FrameMaker, ...
From: Tamsin Dollin <tamsin -dot- dollin -at- mobileq -dot- com>
To: "'techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 11:40:19 -0400

For those with experience in BOTH FrameMaker and Ventura,

I'd like to hear about experiences switching from Ventura to FrameMaker.

I just started working with a Docs team that uses Ventura 8 (and RoboHelp
for online help), but who is considering a switch to FrameMaker (and, I
suppose, WebWorks, since FrameMaker and RoboHelp don't mix well). Having
come from a FrameMaker background myself, I favor this direction, but since
I'm just learning Ventura, I'm unfamiliar with the issues involved in
converting or importing between these tools.

Anyone with experience converting Ventura 8 files to FrameMaker 5.5 or 6?
Importing Ventura 8 files into FrameMaker 5.5 or 6?

Tamsin Dollin
Technical Writer/Editor