RE: Ventura, FrameMaker, ...

Subject: RE: Ventura, FrameMaker, ...
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: "'techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 13:11:14 -0400

Hallo:

There is no easy path as far as I know. I have taken Ventura 3, 4.2, and 7
files to FrameMaker 5.5 on an irregular basis and there are two routes: RTF
and Ventura 4.

FrameMaker 5 - 6 can import Ventura 4 (I think they meant 4.2) files.
Indeed, for example, FrameMaker 5.0 did a better job of importing Ventura
4.2 documents than Ventura 7 did. However, I don't think you can get your
Ventura 7/8 files to Ventura 4.2 format (and I cannot check because my copy
of Ventura 8 is not here and I've not used it in years--I used RTF for the
conversion from CVP7).

Then, you could save your Ventura as RTF and import that into FrameMaker.

In any event, you will really have to reformat your project whatever path
you choose. There are also companies that will perform these conversions for
you, but I do not recall the names of any: do an internet search.

Thus, work is involved, or outsourcing, and the task is tedious.

Best regards,

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com