RE: Ventura, FrameMaker, ...

Subject: RE: Ventura, FrameMaker, ...
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: "'techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 13:20:49 -0400

Okay.

To use FrameMaker with RoboHelp you have to export your FrameMaker as RTF,
import the RTF into RoboHelp, and revise the content and formatting heavily.

To use FrameMaker with ForeHelp, you save the FrameMaker book as MIF, a
native binary format of FrameMaker, and import the MIF into ForeHelp. I've
not actually done this but suspect you have to then edit the formatting. I
do suspect--but do not know--that this would be easier than the RoboHelp
thing.

To use FrameMaker with Quadralay's WebWorks Publisher, you set up your
WebWorks styles and style mappings, and thereafter import your FrameMaker
books and make help with no intermediate formatting or editing.

HTH,

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com