RE: Ventura, FrameMaker, ...

Subject: RE: Ventura, FrameMaker, ...
From: "Metzger, Lucinda" <cmetzger -at- dukane -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 12:33:44 -0500

Sean, you are right that Ventura 7 and 8 don't have the capability to save
back to a 4.2 format.

As you suggested, Tamsin's best bet would be to export the text files from
Ventura, then import into FrameMaker. Ventura can export text file to RTF
and ASCII formats.

Graphics would have to be manually imported into FM -- not a problem if they
were externally linked in the original Ventura file -- or, if they were
embedded in the original file, possibly cut and pasted between the
applications.

Cindy Metzger
Senior Technical Writer
Dukane Corporation