RE: Humor in technical writing

Subject: RE: Humor in technical writing
From: "Wally Glassett" <wallyg99 -at- home -dot- net>
To: "Sella Rush" <sellar -at- mail -dot- apptechsys -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 16:54:42 -0700

Along with all the other comments about humor in technical documents, I
think the biggest danger and difficulty is that unless you can carry it
consistently from beginning to end it will fall on it's face. If I could do
that in technical writing, I'd stop the tech stuff and do some other kind of
writing. However, and here's the "but," perhaps the best technical manual
ever written was the famous one about fixing your Volkswagen. It was
humorous, accurate, complete and very very good. I used to have it and use
it back in the old days.

Wally Glassett
Tech Doc-It, Inc.
wallyg99 -at- home -dot- net