RE: Files in pdf Format

Subject: RE: Files in pdf Format
From: Jean Weber <jean -at- wrevenge -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 08:42:19 +1000

Several (legal) ways are available to create PDFs *without* Adobe Acrobat, either free or at low cost. Although none of these ways is suitable for most techwriting situations, they can be quite handy for occasional users, such as people who want to create PDF files of their resumes.

I have two short items in my technical editors' newsletter, with links to relevant sites:

http://www.wrevenge.com.au/eyrie/tenews40.htm#pdf
http://www.wrevenge.com.au/eyrie/tenews35.htm#pdf

Regards, Jean
Jean Hollis Weber
Coming in October: Editing Online Help, a tool-independent introduction to the editor's role in planning and developing online help systems. For a table of contents, go to: http://www.wrevenge.com.au/bookshop/olhbk.htm

At 08:52 29/09/00 -0400, Brierley, Sean wrote:

You need to *buy* Adobe Acrobat 4 to create PDFs from any application. It's
a couple of hundred bucks, I think.