RE: Best application to capture screen shots

Subject: RE: Best application to capture screen shots
From: "John Fleming" <johnf -at- ecn -dot- ab -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 13:34:16 -0600

I've also used Full Shot as well, and I find it works really well,
with the possible exception of capturing images of icons on a tool
bar.

There are three different versions available: Standard, Professional,
and Enterprise.

It works with Windows 95/98, Windows NT/2000, and Windows ME.

A 30 day demo version is available at http://www.inbit.com. The trial
version ahs all the features of the Enterprise edition, but will cease
to function properly after 30 days (sooner if you try to do something
stupid like change the settings on your system clock).

-) From: Amy Dohlman <amdohlman -at- uwalumni -dot- com>
-) Date: 28 Sep 2000 14:38:55 -0700

-) I'm not sure if I understand your question fully, but to eliminate
menu bars/address junk
-) etc. in IE, try going to the View --> Toolbars menu and selecting
the three options with
-) checks by them to remove the checks. Then take the screen clips
after those navigation
-) bars disappear. It won't rid you of the blue menu bar, but it will
cut out some of the
-) garbage.

-) Another capture program that I've used and that worked well was a
program called
-) FullShot. It was sent to me bundled with the latest version of
RoboHELP that my
-) company used to build help files. Problem--it's not a
shareware/freeware program, but it
-) worked nicely.

-) Amy

--