FrameMaker used with other HATs than WWP...

Subject: FrameMaker used with other HATs than WWP...
From: "Thomas Eagles" <teagles -at- derivion -dot- com>
To: "Tech Writing List" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 16:42:30 -0400

----Barry Kieffer <bkieffer -at- ims -dot- com> wrote:

> Craig,
>
> RoboHELP Office (RoboHELP, HTMLHelp, etc.), and other (formally
> called) BlueSky products work with MS Word.
>
> Help topics do not need the power of FrameMaker. When creating
> online help, a help authoring tool (HAT) and good old Word does
> the job as well as anything out there.

If you are ONLY creating documents that will be used as online help, that
might be fine. If you also are responsible for creating printed or PDF
documents, you may want to rethink that philosophy... if you don't want to
have to do a lot of cutting and pasting.

I recently saw an ad in the latest STC publication for RoboHelp Office 9,
and it mentioned support for Dreamweaver and FrameMaker... that got me
thinking that maybe it'll do some pretty neat things.

Anyone have any experience with RoboHelp being used with those two (or even
one of those two) products?

Tom.
tekwriter -at- home -dot- com