Editing the outputted Help files from WWP or others...

Subject: Editing the outputted Help files from WWP or others...
From: "Thomas Eagles" <teagles -at- derivion -dot- com>
To: "Tech Writing List" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 16:48:25 -0400

Greetings!

Anyone know if there is a book being written by a WWP or RoboHelp expert on
creating single-sourced help files with FrameMaker (preferably)?

The point of my e-mail is to ask if anyone has been successful in doing the
following (or would know how to do it):

* changing the TOC 1st level links to buttons that when you hover over them,
as with Windows 95/98/ME/2000/NT4, they cascade to successive levels of TOC
(menu) headings.

* simultaneously, I'd like to have the content frame display the content of
whatever level I'm hovering over at any given time.

I saw an ad for RoboHell 9 in the most recent STC pub, and it said something
about better support for FrameMaker,
and being able to use Dreamweaver as your HTML editor. If so, will it let me
do the things I want to do?

I tried editing the various files in the Output and Support folders in a WWH
2.0 (forced javascript version) with Dreamweaver 3, but it doesn't look
do-able. If anyone else has been able to do this, please share the info. I'd
be willing to pay a nominal fee (I'm on salary ;/ ) for the time it takes to
explain the process... that is, if it's even do-able.

TTFN.

Tom. <dox -at- tekwriter -dot- com>