RE: FrameMaker used with other HATs than WWP...

Subject: RE: FrameMaker used with other HATs than WWP...
From: "David Knopf" <david -at- knopf -dot- com>
To: "Thomas Eagles" <teagles -at- derivion -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 14:40:38 -0700

Thomas Eagles wrote:

| I recently saw an ad in the latest STC publication for RoboHelp Office 9,
| and it mentioned support for Dreamweaver and FrameMaker... that got me
| thinking that maybe it'll do some pretty neat things.
|
| Anyone have any experience with RoboHelp being used with those
| two (or even
| one of those two) products?

I didn't see the ad you mention, but I can tell you for sure that RoboHELP 9
does not work with FrameMaker files. That is, you can neither import nor
export .book, .fm or .mif files. The only ways to move content from
FrameMaker to RoboHELP are: 1) export Frame to RTF and import RTF into
RoboHELP; 2) export HTML using FrameMaker's export feature and import the
HTML files into RoboHELP; 3) export HTML using WWP Standard Edition and
import the HTML files into RoboHELP.

The Dreamweaver part is correct, though. While working with RoboHELP 9, you
can choose to use Dreamweaver (or FrontPage or HomeSite or GoLive or any
other editor of your choice) to edit HTML files.

HTH ..

David Knopf
Knopf Online
Tel: 415.550.8367
E-mail: mailto:david -at- knopf -dot- com
Web: http://www.knopf.com

Certified RoboHELP Instructor & Consultant
WebWorks Publisher Certified Trainer
Member, RoboHELP Community Advisory Board
Co-moderator, HATT list (http://www.egroups.com/group/hatt)