RE: Ventura, FrameMaker, ...

Subject: RE: Ventura, FrameMaker, ...
From: Kent Newton <KNewton -at- mke -dot- catalystwms -dot- com>
To: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>, "'techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 07:57:45 -0500

Sean Brierly wrote:

>Can you spout off on what other features and workflow issues recommend
ForeHelp over RoboHelp,
>in general not necessarily with specific reference to FrameMaker.

I write:

Sadly, I can't. I haven't used RoboHelp for years, and even then I used it
only occasionally. So, I'm not in a position to compare the two products.
All I can say is that we selected ForeHelp because (a) it worked with
FrameMaker files and (b) it was a stand-alone application that did not
overlay the Word interface. Well, that's not entirely true: I can also say
that we haven't been disappointed with our decision.

Kent Newton
Supervisor, Documentation Services
Catalyst International, Inc.
Tel: (414) 362-6836
Email: knewton -at- mke -dot- catalystwms -dot- com