Publish or Upload- correct use of terminology?

Subject: Publish or Upload- correct use of terminology?
From: Tybi Kapiloff <teknicol -at- inter -dot- net -dot- il>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 11:26:25 +0200

Hi Techwhirlers,

Marketing has decided to revamp the software interface. They are renaming all aspects of the program.

Part of our software allows one to create an online storefront. Once developed, you can upload it to the mall. They want to change the term Upload to Publish. I understand what they are trying to infer... that once the store is uploaded to the mall, it has been "published' there i.e. anyone can then go and buy from their store. My question is this use of terminology okay and will everyone understand it in this way?

Many thanks for your help.

All the best,
Tybi