Re: Publish or upload- correct use of terminology?

Subject: Re: Publish or upload- correct use of terminology?
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 09:54:32 -0700 (PDT)

> Tybi Kapiloff is working on software that <<... allows one to
> create an
> online storefront. Once developed, you can upload it to the mall.
> They want
> to change the term Upload to Publish. I understand what they are

Publish infers more than moving the file from one place (C:\) to
another (http://). In fact, much authoring software, when it comes
time to move the web site online, uses publish also.

When you upload the files, nothing is changed, just the location. In
the case of an ecommerce web site, publish is more appropriate.

=====
John Posada
Technical Writer
mailto:john -at- tdandw -dot- com