RE: Does anyone still use WordPerfect?

Subject: RE: Does anyone still use WordPerfect?
From: Jan Bishop <JBishop -at- hach -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 12:38:46 -0600

puppy vaugn wrote:

i went to the university of texas and we were able to get the entire ms
office suite
for like $5. so i knew how to use word (i used it for all my reports, etc.).

so when jobs asked what skills i had, i would list the ms office apps. corel

didn't offer (or didn't market) a cheap, affordable, college student version

of wordperfect (actually, they kinda did; there was an academic version that

still cost something like $50).

Microsoft has driven a lot of better products off the market by simply
giving away its own version until the other product goes bankrupt. Everyone
likes something for free. They are advancing their internet interface that
way right now. Netscape and AOL had better watch out!

Having used WP since 198*,

Jan B