Re: Does anyone still use WordPerfect?

Subject: Re: Does anyone still use WordPerfect?
From: Peter <pnewman1 -at- home -dot- com>
To: Sanjay Srikonda <SSrikonda -at- invlink -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 17:56:45 -0400

Sanjay Srikonda wrote:

> I use Word if you click the paragraph symbol in word you can still reveal
> all the "hidden" (coded) RH text that RH uses for linking across and within
> docs.
>
> I still would love to use WP5.1, now talk about a program that was easy to
> program for macros. but that's IMHO

The programing concepts of the two programs are different. Wp is a
streaming concept. i.e.. once you apply a characteristic, that
characteristic will carry through the document until changed. You can
directly edit the codes in reveal codes. Your cannot do this in Word.
Word is a more style based program.
You will find that macro writing in WP 9.0, is even easier than in 5.1.
Ver. 9.0 also supports, a limited version of VBA. In WP you can
customize just about all the styles. The master document and sub
document features actually work. (I believe this is a problem with
Word.) Cross referencing is a breeze with WP. There are usually at least
two ways of accomplishing the same thing. OTOH, most IT managers opt for
Word because: they don't know WP; it comes pre installed on machines; it
is slightly easier to deploy over a volume of machines; and THEY DON'T
HAVE TO USE IT.

--
Peter

There are few situations in life that cannot be resolved
promptly, and to the satisfaction of all concerned,
by either suicide, a bag of gold,
or thrusting a despised antagonist over a precipice on a dark night.
Ernest Bramah (Kai Lung stories)