RE: Publish or upload- correct use of terminology?

Subject: RE: Publish or upload- correct use of terminology?
From: Mike Adams <Mike_Adams -at- summithq -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 07:12:01 -0400

Hi,

Normally, files uploaded to the htdocs (typical default directory for a
user's html) have a default mask that allows them to be served without
further intervention.

The whole upload vs. publish thing came about when they started letting just
anyone get on the net ;-) Just kidding (about the just anyone part). Upload
is upload unless the application is dumbed down for very non-technical types
(unlike my 9yo daughter who knows what uploading is) and has a button
labeled publish.

Cheers,

Mike.