RE: Estimating Projects

Subject: RE: Estimating Projects
From: "Tracy Boyington" <tracy_boyington -at- okcareertech -dot- org>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 15:14:36 -0500

We pay our contract writers on a bill-as-you-work basis. We fix a price for the entire project and the writer bills for a certain percentage at specific project milestones.

Tracy Boyington tracy_boyington -at- okcareertech -dot- org
Oklahoma Department of Career & Technology Education
Stillwater, OK http://www.okvotech.org/cimc

>>> "walden miller" <wmiller -at- vidiom -dot- com> 10/03/00 02:04PM >>>
I have worked on bill-as-you-work and lump-sum contracts.

As a lump sum example, I negotiated a training development contract for a
lump sum with a payment schedule:
25% up front
25% for a major milestone (at week 12)
50% for the finished project (at week 17)