Re: Name that TLA

Subject: Re: Name that TLA
From: puff -at- guild -dot- net
To: jsmith -at- informatica -dot- com
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 100 04:35:57 -0400 (EDT)

Jennie Smith wrote:

> I found this from http://www.acronymsearch.com/:
>
> DTP Document Transfer Profile
> DTP DeskTop Publishing
> DTP Developmental Therapeutics Program
> DTP Distributed Transaction Processing
>
> Maybe your coworkers mean the first one, but as far as I'm concerned
> "desktop publishing" is the most common. Even when I did a search
> for "dtp" on Yahoo, all it brought up were desktop publishing
> categories and sites.

Distributed Transaction Processing may be getting more buzz these
days (well, not more than desktop publishing, but more than it got in
the old days when it was mostly restricted to mainframe systems).
Certainly a lot of the premier Java systems are related in some way to
DTP, OLTP, and similar systems, so maybe you're getting buzzword hype
leakover.

Steven J. Owens
puff -at- guild -dot- net