Re: Estimating Projects

Subject: Re: Estimating Projects
From: Annamaria Profit <inteltek -at- erols -dot- com>
To: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2000 15:39:14 -0400

John,

This is a great idea...but I probably would not do it so often. I guess
it depends on your client base and the local market pressures. The key
is relationship building. As the contracting market gets more crowded
(so many boomer writers, so few in-house depts) we're going to need to
"add value" to the offerings to stay competitive. Adding value with
comforts can go both ways, depending on how often and how subtle the
offering is. You could end up with clients who know you appreciate
their business, or you could begin to be perceived as a modern-day "Uria
Heap".

Coming out of the advertising industry, I can't tell you how much food,
chochkies, "incentives" etc came my way, but the most gift-laden dept
(especially around the holidays and contract renewal time) was MEDIA!
All those publications trampled over each other in their efforts to buy
free lunches, trips, laptops, etc for the Media buyers.

--

Annamaria Profit
E-mail: inteltek -at- erols -dot- com

Celebrate failure! It's a critical element of learning.