autorun.inf + link to execute setup.exe

Subject: autorun.inf + link to execute setup.exe
From: Mark Dempsey <dempseys3 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWRL <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 10:05:49 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

After a search of the archives, I'm unable to find out
how to do this: I'd like to make a CD autorun, open an
index.html page that has a link to the setup.exe.

I've made an autorun.inf file with the following
contents:

[autorun]
icon=logo.ico
label=XYZ Software
shellexecute=index.html

...But cannot confirm whether it works. (I've followed
the advice at
http://www.support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q136/2/14.asp,
that advises how to test autorun from floppy drives,
but am unsure whether I've got it to work or have an
error in autorun.inf. (I tried opening command.com
rather than using shellexecute, but still no dice).

One developer suggests referring to a .asq file to
open an HTML file rather than a .exe with autorun.inf,
but I've been able to find out nothing about that (and
the developer's too busy to advise me).

It's easy enough to set up a link that opens
setup.exe, but I'd like to suppress the dialog that
asks users whether they'd like to open or save the
file.

If anyone knows, please let me know how to do this.

TIA,

=====
--
-- Regards,