RE: JavaHelp: escape from RoboHELP

Subject: RE: JavaHelp: escape from RoboHELP
From: Susan Harkus <Susan -dot- Harkus -at- xt3 -dot- com -dot- au>
To: 'Martha Silverspring' <silverspring9235 -at- go -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 10:06:28 +1100

Martha,
Have you downloaded the JavaHelp workshop from the Sun site? Also, do you subscribe to the JavaHelp list? The workshop has a tutorial that shows you how to build a JavaHelp project and then you understand everything that is involved in the process. I found the tutorial excellent once I realised that the first page listed the procedural steps you actually took to build the project rather than just described the sections of the document.

And the list was terrific. The Sun engineers monitor the list and provide wonderful support. I was evaluating JavaHelp. As it turned out JavaHelp didn't exactly address the architecture of our web application so I put the technology aside.

However I found that, by coming up to speed using the JavaHelp workshop and by manually developing a JavaHelp project, I knew how to use and edit output from my HAT to create the necessary configuration files.
Susan Harkus
Sydney, OZ