Re: Interleaf -> Frame ???

Subject: Re: Interleaf -> Frame ???
From: Tom Murrell <trmurrell -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 10:29:23 -0700 (PDT)

--- Elizabeth Ross <beth -at- vcubed -dot- com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> We're considering hiring someone on a short-term contract. They have
> a good skill set, but tools-wise, they are experienced with
> Interleaf. We are a Frame shop. How big of a jump is this? I've not
> used Interleaf before.

It has been a few releases ago that I made the transition from
Interleaf to Frame on a contract. I had five weeks to get a manual
ready for a walkthru with the client's customer. I won't say I had no
trouble, but I had no problems that held up work. Part of what helped
me was that I knew that Frame could do the same things that Interleaf
could do. So it was mostly a matter of rifling through the menus until
I found the command or setting or property sheet I was looking for. The
online help was useful to me, too.

All else being equal, I would say that you won't suffer much lag time
with this writer getting up to speed on Frame.

=====
Tom Murrell
Senior Technical Writer
Alliance Data Systems