RE: Packaging options for small CD runs

Subject: RE: Packaging options for small CD runs
From: Sanjay Srikonda <SSrikonda -at- invlink -dot- com>
To: "'ekandl -at- unitechsys -dot- com'" <ekandl -at- unitechsys -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 09:45:45 -0400

I used to work for a company that produced 50 odd CD-ROM titles per month,
while our print runs were large, I did have to occasionally find a small
CD-ROM one-off replicator. Check in the back of CD-ROM Professional
Magazine (it's published by Meckler) for smaller CD-ROM one-off shops.

Conversely, if this is going to be more than a one-time deal, you could buy
a replicator for your own company. Again, check the trades, when we were
using one, it was very expensive. There was also a one-off CD-ROM shop a
few blocks from my office that did specifically small print runs. Are there
any such type establishments where you are?

Just some ideas. Contact me off-list if I can help any more.

sanjay

"Lois Patterson" <lois -at- dowco -dot- com> at Internet-Mail wrote

I'm working on packaging for a small run of CDs (several dozen). The
difficulty is that getting 4-color offset-printed boxes for a small run is
very difficult, since most printers want quantities in the range of 500 or
more, at the least.

Does anyone have suggestions for other packaging options (preferably
involving an attractive box) that would work for a small CD run?

Thanks,

Lois Patterson
lois -at- dowco -dot- com
<snip>