Re: best self-teaching materials

Subject: Re: best self-teaching materials
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Barry Kieffer <bkieffer -at- ims -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 09:08:37 -0700 (PDT)

What may be missing is:

1) One has 10 years seniority over the other.
2) One is an employee and one is a contractor
3) One may be a supv or dept lead and the other not.
4) The conference may be specific to the purpose of the other
writter. I do help, someone else does documentation. The conf is on
online help.
5) The company is small, there is limited $$, the next turn will be
the other writter.
6) There may be a perfectly good reason that we AND the person below
don't know about...(I have no reason to think this true of this case,
but maybe the person below is on the way out and doesn't know it yet.

If you were able to answer all these questions from the post, you're
a better man than I am, Charlie Brown.

--- Barry Kieffer <bkieffer -at- ims -dot- com> wrote:
> Greetings Parian4 -at- aol -dot- com and TECHWR-Ls,
>
> Here is a (somewhat rhetorical) question for you TECHWR-Ls.
>
> One piece of crap that has always bugged me is where some manager
> decides that
> only the "Golden Child" gets to go to some conference or seminar,
> then spend a
> day putting together a crappy PowerPoint presentation on what the
> speaker said,
> and then presenting it to the rest of the tech writing group.
>
> Where is it that some schlub can go to a single-source conference
> and come back with new vast knowledge and empowered to teach the
> masses everything they learned? Monkey Crap.

=====
John Posada
Technical Writer
mailto:john -at- tdandw -dot- com
732-259-2874

What hair color do they put on the driver's
licenses of bald men?

http://mail.yahoo.com/