limit to the number of referenced .chm files in a modular HTML He lp system?

Subject: limit to the number of referenced .chm files in a modular HTML He lp system?
From: jsmith -at- informatica -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 11:56:07 -0700

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone else has come across this. I am creating a
modular HTML Help system. I have a total of 9 chm files that I would like
to "merge" into one modular system. I have my main chm file and I have set
up its .hhp file to merge 8 other chm files. I followed the instructions
exactly from this very helpful website:
http://www.helpware.net/htmlhelp/how_to_merge.htm

When I merge up to any 6 of my 8 files in my main chm file, the help
compiler compiles the chm great. However, when I try to merge more than 6,
the help compiler crashes.

Has anyone else had any success merging more than 6 files?? I guess I'm
kind of thinking this is a Microsoft bug in the compiler. But since
Microsoft's website <sarcasm> is oh so easy </sarcasm> for find knowledge
base articles about the HTML Help compiler, I have had no luck finding any
info I need.

Thanks to anyone who can help me!

Jennie Smith
jsmith -at- informatica -dot- com