Help authoring with Dreamweaver

Subject: Help authoring with Dreamweaver
From: Tom Eagles <teagles -at- DERIVION -dot- com>
To: "Tech Writing List (E-mail)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 10:37:04 -0400

Anyone have experience using Dreamweaver to create help files? If so, I have
a few questions that I hope you can answer:

1) did you create the files in another app (Frame?) and convert them to html
or rtf to import them?
2) how did you do your indexing and TOC?
3) did you setup a search engine? Where did you get it? How did you
implement it?
4) did you use frames to separate your navigation tools (TOC, index, search)
from the contents pane?
5) did you choose Dreamweaver (or another html editor) because you wanted to
be able to fine tune the frameset or files? Why not use Robohelp, Forehelp
or WebWorks Publisher? Did Dreamweaver save you work?
6) have you use more traditional HATs before using Dreamweaver (or GoLive or
whatever)?

Thanks to all who respond.

Tom Eagles ***** teagles -at- derivion -dot- com
tekwriter -at- home -dot- com