Re: .pub file

Subject: Re: .pub file
From: "David Berg" <dberg -at- dmpnet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 10:21:40 -0500

> > Someone just sent me a .pub file and I have no idea what application
> > was used to create this file and how I can open it.
> >
> > Seems to me that it might be some sort of "publication" file
> > indicating
> > to me that it's some desktop publishing format.
> >
> > Anyone know?

Here's a site you might want to add to your bookmarks; Every File Format in
the World.
http://whatis.techtarget.com/Flat_Files/WhatIs_File_Format_A/0,281899,,00.ht
ml

.pub turns up the following possibilities.

PUB Publication (Ventura Publisher)
PUB Document (Microsoft Publisher)
PUB Public key ring file (PGP)

David Berg