RE: What do we call this button?

Subject: RE: What do we call this button?
From: "Sarah Bane" <Sarah -dot- Bane -at- spectrumretail -dot- com>
To: "Newman, Sarah" <snewman -at- bechtel -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 13:35:05 -0500

From Sarah Newman, who also spells her name the old-fashioned way:

~|>We have been referring to this as the ellipsis (...) button
~|>(e.g. "Click the
~|>ellipsis button and select the item from the list").

The software I'm documenting has a similar button in a couple of the
windows. I've just been calling it the ... button, with the ... in bold,
consistent with the other button names. Not an elegant solution, but
there's no question what it refers to. However, in a 250-page document I
refer to this button only once or twice. If I had to use it frequently,
I would give it a name.

Sarah Bane
Technical Writer, ProphetLine, Inc.
and Associate Instructor, Westark College
sarah -dot- bane -at- spectrumretail -dot- com
sbane -at- systema -dot- westark -dot- edu

Opinions expressed are my own and not endorsed by ProphetLine or by

Previous by Author: RE: Contracting on the side...ethical?
Next by Author: RE: the OTHER test
Previous by Thread: RE: What do we call this button?
Next by Thread: RE: What do we call this button?

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads