Tools of the trade - which are best?

Subject: Tools of the trade - which are best?
From: Fawn Houck <zoe_44 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 07:33:21 -0700 (PDT)

As a graduate student who is preparing to go out into
the real world, I'm wondering which style guides,
documentation handbooks, and reference manuals are the
most widely used and recognized in the world of tech.
writing.

So, I would appreciate it if some of you could tell me
what sits on your reference shelf, and what type of
work you use each reference for (i.e., online
documentation, style, grammar, hard copy
documentation, web development, or whatever else you
might be writing).

Thank you in advance,

Fawn Houck
Southwest Missouri State University