RE: accuracy in packaging

Subject: RE: accuracy in packaging
From: Emru Townsend <etownsen -at- Softimage -dot- com>
To: "'techwrl'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 16:17:18 -0400

Melissa,

I don't think anyone here feels, or is saying, that peanut allergies are
trivial. In my case, it's quite the contrary. My entire immediate family
suffers or has suffered from some sort of food allergy, whose effects can
range from inconvenient to fatal. My sister is allergic to alcohol, among
other things; think of how many teenagers and college students go to parties
where someone spikes the punch as a joke.

Yes, peanut allergies can be severe in every sense of the word, and I
totally agree that airplanes and schools should be peanut-free -- and that
parents and passengers who complain about inconvenience should have their
heads examined.

But really, a can of _peanuts_ saying "May contain peanuts" -- as if you'd
miss the 24-point type on the label but catch the fine print on the back --
is just incredibly funny. How can anyone pass up a good one like that?

Emru Townsend, Information Developer | etownsen -at- softimage -dot- com
Softimage, Inc.
Personal page: http://purpleplanetmedia.com
Recent musings: http://www.purpleplanetmedia.com/eye/book/batanim.html