Re: What do we call this button?

Subject: Re: What do we call this button?
From: Scott Turner <sturner -at- mail -dot- airmail -dot- net>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 16:34:50 -0500

If the real estate is that cramped, they have a problem. If it is a Browse button, it should say that. There are buttons that have the label and the ellipsis. Guess what they are called?

The real solution is for the programmers to consider that an ellipsis does not mean "Browse" . In your specific example it is displaying a list of items. Perhaps they need to use a combo-box or drop-down list.
This is really a problem with the interface, not with the description. Unless the list is a list of punctuation marks.

Scott
--
Scott Turner