RE: Writing / Drug Tests

Subject: RE: Writing / Drug Tests
From: Janet Valade <janetv -at- systech -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 11:15:19 -0700

> If you don't do drugs, what the hell do you care?

And if your neighbor, whom you annoyed, phones in a tip that you are
a drug dealer and the authorities come and search your house? If you don't
have any drugs in your house, what the hell do you care? Or based on this
tip, they batter down your door at 3 AM? If you don't have any drugs in your
house, what the hell do you care? As long as they pay for the door. In fact,
it's a good thing. You got a new door for free.

So, you think it would be all right if employers required a search
of your house as a condition of employment? Unless you are fencing stolen
goods in there, you have nothing to hide. So, what the hell do you care?

In fact, let's make it really easy for our employers. Let's have
on-going full time complete video and audio coverage in our homes, stored in
a publicly accessible place. That way, whenever an employer is considering
hiring us, they can pull the tape of our lives and check for anything they
find objectionable. Unless you have something to hide, what the hell do you
care?

It's just a matter of degree.

Janet

Janet Valade