RE: In Reference to Drug Testing

Subject: RE: In Reference to Drug Testing
From: "Sarah Bane" <Sarah -dot- Bane -at- spectrumretail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 16:53:47 -0500

Guy Haas and Jason Willebeek-LeMair get creative in their responses to
drug tests:
~|>
~|>Jason Willebeek-LeMair [mailto:jlemair -at- cisco -dot- com] wrote:
~|>
~|>Personally, I get perverse pleasure in drinking about
~|>5 cups of coffee before the drug screen (only had to take
~|>one or two) and filling that little cup up to the top,
~|>then handing it to the tech lidless.
~|>
~|>The tech writer tie-in: maybe I would have put a lid on
~|>it if there had been adequate instructions.
~|>
~|>Jason
~|>
~|> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~|>
~|>Besides the coffee, Jason, why not have some asparagus and/or
~|>Brussels sprouts, to add that characteristic odor, and some
~|>red beets for color?
~|>
~|>--Guy K. Haas gkhaas -at- usa -dot- net
~|> Software Exegete in Silicon Valley

I realize these suggestions are facetious (they are, aren't they? ;-))
but they remind me of a fight I once had with my late husband. He was
hacked about a $25.00 parking fine and went to the bank and got 2500
pennies to pay it. He thought he was really making a statement when he
dumped those pennies on the clerk's desk. I was not impressed, and I
told him all he did was inconvenience the poor clerk who wrote neither
the ticket nor the city parking ordinance.

If the full, lidless, smelly, colorful sample were going straight to the
CEO, I'd say "go for it, and Super Size it please."

Now here's hoping this thread dies a natural death over the weekend.

Sarah Bane
Technical Writer, ProphetLine, Inc.
and Associate Instructor, Westark College
sarah -dot- bane -at- spectrumretail -dot- com
sbane -at- systema -dot- westark -dot- edu

Opinions expressed are my own and not endorsed by ProphetLine or by
Westark.