Re: the Other Test Addendum

Subject: Re: the Other Test Addendum
From: Annamaria Profit <inteltek -at- erols -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 00:05:36 -0400

I've been thinking about the vissitudes of testing, privacy violations,
due diligence, "financial reliability", and life pressures. This
discussion has been very helpful for a lot of us, if I can take the
levels of involvement on and off the list as evidence.

I think it probably helps to expose the underbelly and face the
recalcitrant demons of gainful employment occasionally. Many of us have
been through life circumstances that challenge the statistical norms of
financial and employee reliability. Some of us are divorced, over
thirty five, bankrupt, ill, disabled, or otherwise
employment-challenged. Some of us aren't. Those circumstances effect
the way employers judge our potential performance.

But questions remain, is it possible to be afflicted or challenged in
some way and still be worth employing, and can we work toward a
screening environment that enables people, gives them a chance to prove
their potential, no matter what their peripheral circumstances were/are?
And do we have the will, as individuals and as a nation, to do that

--

Annamaria Profit
E-mail: inteltek -at- erols -dot- com

Celebrate failure! It's a critical element of learning.