RE: Questions about help authoring

Subject: RE: Questions about help authoring
From: "Michele Marques" <marquesm -at- autros -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 14:43:14 -0400

After one person posted that the ForeHelp import wizard (in ForeHelp
Premiere 2000/ForeHelp 4) is broken and won't import MIF files, a number of
people asked whether you can import into ForeHelp.

The answer is: yes! And I think that if you follow this sequence, you won't
miss anything that you would from using the wizard to import the file.

1: Use the Wizard to start a new empty help project. The Wizard does work
here, and this will let you set some overall preferences for developing this
help file.

2: From the Insert menu, insert a MIF file. Check all selections desired on
the first tab, and use the second tab to map all styles desired to ForeHelp
styles. This is also where you specify whether these styles start new
topics, and if so, whether they also create index entries, etc. Even 'though
this isn't called a "wizard", it did not seem to difficult to me, and seemed
to be asking the same questions that I would see on the wizard.

3: Continue to develop/test/build in ForeHelp.

Michele Marques
Technical Writer,
Autros Healthcare Solutions
marquesm -at- autros -dot- com