RE: Writing and drawing tools in Linux

Subject: RE: Writing and drawing tools in Linux
From: KMcLauchlan -at- chrysalis-its -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 14:57:11 -0400

Bruce,

When I installed SuSE Linux 7, the default desktop was
KDE (which was fine with me), but there was a list of
optional desktops that could be loaded instead, one of
which was KDE2. Um, it looked purty until it crashed.
I didn't bother futzing with it. Maybe it was still the
Beta, but even a Beta should be more solid than that.

Come to think of it, I believe it was StarOffice that I
was running when KDE2 crashed, both times. StarOffice
(which somebody referred to as bloatware) has been
handling my e-mail, my browsing, and my MSWord documents
for the past couple of weeks, and has been reasonably
stable on KDE.
An exception has been the browser, which abruptly quits
and takes SO with it, when I connect to some pages
(save often, save often, save often... hey! isn't that
the mantra I remember from Windoze and MSOffice??) :-)

Overall, I'm pleased with it, so far. David V. has almost
persuaded me to try Applixware. Almost.

/kevin

[snip]